Sat, Jul 11|
Hidden Timber Gardens
2nd Annual Daylily Bloomfest 7/11-12/20
Come celebrate all of the beautiful daylilies in bloom! Let us hand-dig a one-of-a-kind variety to add to your collection. There will be great variety of local vendors with their homegrown or homemade products for sale, along with amazing food provided by Ralphie's BBQ.
Time & Location
Jul 11, 2020, 9:00 AM – Jul 12, 2020, 5:00 PM
Hidden Timber Gardens , 462 S Chana Rd, Chana, IL 61015, USA
About the Event
Come help us celebrate our second annual Daylily Bloomfest! We will be showcasing the gorgeous blooms created by the award-winning daylily hybridizer, Robert Ellison. Mr. Ellison was a mentor and longtime friend of Michelle Rogers, and taught Michelle the art of breeding beautiful and unique daylilies. Before Mr. Ellison left this Earth in August 2018, he asked Michelle to carry on his legacy of creating these amazing daylilies. We have collaborated with Michelle to create the Robert Ellison Memorial Garden at Hidden Timber Gardens, and to continue his annual Bloomfest event.
Visitors will be able to purchase one-of-a-kind hand-dug daylily clumps right from the memorial garden. Many of the lilies are only available at Hidden Timber Gardens since they were Bob’s individual creations. There are a wide variety of lilies available for the collector to the hobby gardener.
There will also be a great group of vendors selling products all weekend, and we will have door prizes and raffle items. Come out and enjoy walking through display gardens and get ideas for your home landscape.
We are excited to announce the following vendors will be attending the festival:
- Ralphie's BBQ - Selling their signature pork kabobs, pulled pork nachos, pulled pork sandwiches and ribeye steak sandwiches
- Libra Farms - 100% locally grown flower bouquets, arrangements and DIY buckets, chemical and pesticide free produce
- Hough's Maple Lane Farms - Delicious homemade maple syrup made from locally harvested sap, maple goodies, maple rootbeer and dog treats
- Honey from Frankling Grove B&B and Vanilla Extract from Homespun Goodz
- Otter Creek Garden Art - Barnwood birdhouses, painted glass mushrooms, peace poles, garden signs
- Paradise Nutrition - Boosted tea and protein bars
- Country Gems - Hand beaded jewelery
- Rogers' Fresh Eggs
- Bittersweet & Burlap - Hand made signs, floral decor & candles
Due to COVID-19, we are implementing the following guidelines for Bloomfest 2020:
· MASKS MUST BE WORN IN THE CHECKOUT AREA AND LEAN-TO (THE SHED AND GREENHOUSE) Our cashier works with the elderly, and we must maintain her health and safety so she doesn’t pass it on to the most vulnerable!
· YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK WHEN YOU ARE OUTSIDE AS LONG AS YOU CAN MAINTAIN A 6 FOOT DISTANCE FROM OTHERS.
· IF A VENDOR OR CUSTOMER REQUESTS THAT YOU WEAR YOUR MASK, PLEASE DO SO…IT IS THE KIND THING TO DO.
WE ARE FOLLOWING THE MOST RECENT RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE SCIENTISTS. THIS CHANGES AS THEY LEARN MORE ABOUT THE VIRUS, BUT AT THIS POINT, THESE ARE THE PROPER PROCEDURES FOR KEEPING OUR EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS SAFE AND VIRUS FREE.
Thank you for your understanding during this very confusing time, and we hope you enjoy the Bloomfest!